Which Personal Data we process
The categories of Personal Data about you that we may Process include:
- Personal details: name
- Contact details: email address
- Technical information (e.g. Device type, IP address)
How we collect your Personal Data
We may collect Personal Data about you from the following sources:
- When you contact us via e-mail, telephone or by any other means of contact;
- When we provide you with access to our apps (e.g., when you register as an user);
- Where you have chosen to make such Personal Data public, including via social media profiles;
- When you visit our websites or use any features on, or through, our websites.
- When you visit our website, your device and browser may automatically disclose certain information (such as device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, dates and times of connecting to a website and other technical communications information), some of which may constitute Personal Data;
- When you submit your resume/CV to us for a job application;
- When you gave your business card and allowed us to contact you
Creation of Personal Data
In the course of your interaction with license.rocks GmbH and its products, we may also create Personal Data about you, such as records of your interactions with us and details of your transaction history.
For which purposes we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data to provide, maintain and improve our services, to grant you access to our apps and enable you the use of our product and the respective platform. For marketing purposes, we use your Personal Data only if and as long as we have received your explicit prior consent and in accordance with respectively applicable additional legal requirements in your jurisdiction.
We do not sell your Personal Data to third parties.
In addition, you acknowledge that the purpose of our service is to provide information about our product and any company news. If you submit Personal Data to us for the purpose of being informed, you consent to our collection, processing, use and disclosure of such personal data for the purposes of communication.
Lawful basis for Processing Personal Data
In Processing your Personal Data in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy, we may rely on one or more of the following legal bases, depending on the circumstances:
- We have obtained your explicit prior consent to the Processing (this legal basis is only used in relation to Processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way);
- The Processing is necessary in connection with any contractual relationship that you may enter into with us;
- The Processing is required by applicable law;
- The Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual; or
- We have a legitimate interest in carrying out the Processing for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms. When we are involving third party Processors into the performance of our services and contractual obligations and such involvement requires the sharing of Personal Data, we have entered with our third party Processors into data processing agreements according to Art. 28 of the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and, as far as required, further appropriate safeguards according to Art. 46 – 49 GDPR. The list of third party Processors to which we disclose your Personal Data can be requested by e-mail to email@example.com Specifically we can already name the following Data Processors:
Processing your Sensitive Personal Data
We do not seek to collect or Process your Sensitive Personal Data, except where:
- the Processing is required or permitted by applicable law
- the Processing is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud);
- the Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights; or
- we have obtained your explicit consent prior to Processing your Sensitive Personal Data (as above, this legal basis is only used in relation to Processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way).
Consent and withdrawal
Any consent is provided freely. If you give your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of Processing based on consent before its withdrawal. After your withdrawal we will stop to Process your Personal Data, including storage. This paragraph is only relevant for Processing that is entirely voluntary – it does not apply for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way. To withdraw your consent, click the unsubscribe button on any newsletter your receive from us.
We may transfer your Personal Data to our business partners: The Customization Group - Picanova GmbH, Hohenzollernring 25, 50672 Köln, Germany in order for us or our business partners to inform you via email about upcoming opportunities and promote our respective products and services.
Links to Business Partner and Co-Branded Sites
Certain links contained on the license.rocks web sites may direct you to companies which license.rocks has established business relationships. When you submit information to one of these co-branded sites or partner companies, you may be submitting it to both license.rocks and these business partners. Under no circumstances may license.rocks be held responsible for the privacy practices of these business partners and we therefore strongly encourage you to read their respective privacy policies as they may differ from ours.
Your rights related to data privacy
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your Personal Data, or restriction of their Processing. Furthermore, you have the right to object Processing as well as to request data portability. If you are in the EU you have the right to file a complaint to the responsible European Data Protection Authority.
Our contact information, Data Controller
If you have a direct business relationship with us, we are a Data Controller according to Art. 4 para. 7 GDPR. For any requests you can contact us as follows: license.rocks GmbH Erich-Weinert-Str.51 10439 Berlin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Controller means the entity that decides how and why Personal Data is Processed. In many jurisdictions, the Controller has primary responsibility for complying with applicable data protection laws.
- Data Protection Authority means an independent public authority that is legally tasked with overseeing compliance with applicable data protection laws.
- EEA means the European Economic Area.
- Personal Data means information that is about any individual, or from which any individual is identifiable. Examples of Personal Data that we may Process are provided above in this Policy.
- Process, Processing or Processed means anything that is done with any Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- Processor means any person or entity that Processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller (other than employees of the Controller).
- Services means any services provided by license.rocks.
- Sensitive Personal Data means Personal Data about race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, any actual or alleged criminal offences or penalties, or any other information that may be deemed to be sensitive under applicable law.